The American Institute of Hydrology (AIH) recognizes individuals for outstanding accomplishments in the fields of groundwater, surface water, water quality, and institute development. These awards are named after prominent hydrologists, who have made numerous lasting contributions to the hydrologic sciences.
The Call for Award Nominations is now open! Nominations can be self-made or for someone else. AIH membership is not required.
To make a nomination, email a separate nomination packet for each nominee by February 29 to email@example.com. Each packet must contain the following:
- A formal nomination letter by the nominator which contains:
- The name of the award for which the nomination is being made.
- The first/last name, email address, and phone number of the nominee.
- The nominee’s education, career, and a record of performance detailing accomplishments and noteworthy impact achieved by the potential candidate.
- A current resume of the nominee.
- A minimum of two and maximum of four supporting letters with a limit of three pages each.
- The supporting letters should include a brief statement about how they know the nominee and describe why the nominee is deserving of the award.
- Award winners will be notified by AIH and the awards will be presented at an upcoming conference to be determined later in the year.
Click here to review the award categories, candidate criteria, and more details.